2 How Do We Collect Information from You?
Through our digital services we collect information about our customers via email newsletter requests, order forms, correspondence with you via emails, telephone calls or otherwise, forms you fill in on our site, product registration forms, other social media functions on our site, competitions and via cookies. The information you give us may include:
- Your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description, photographs, account information such as online password and other log-in details used to access English Country Life’s products and services.
- Geolocation information of your mobile device if you consent to the collection of this data
- Product setup information, such as the name and description of your product and the location where you install your product, and adjustments you make to the product setup
- Technical information about your product, such as your Wi-Fi network information and signal strength, and your product’s model, serial number and software version
- Data about your interactions with our websites and mobile apps;
- Social media handles, content and other data posted on our official social media pages;
- Information we obtain from third-party social media services (e.g., Facebook) or payment services (e.g., PayPal) if you choose to link to, create or log into your English Country Life account through these services (including when you share English Country Life videos or content via your social media account);
- Other personal information contained in content you submit to us, such as through our “Contact Us” feature or customer support tools on our websites or mobile apps.
3 Information we Obtain by Automatic Means
When you interact with our products and services, we obtain in our role as a data controller certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons, and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. We may use these automated technologies to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns. The information we obtain in this manner may include your device IP address, identifiers associated with your devices, types of devices connected to our services, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, language preferences, referring entry/exit pages, clickstream data, and dates and times of website or app visits. These technologies help us
- remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it;
- track and understand how you use and interact with our products and services;
- tailor the services around your preferences;
- measure the usability of our products and services and the effectiveness of our communications; and
- otherwise manage and enhance our products and services, and help ensure they are working properly.
Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our online services. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Where we send you information electronically, we do review whether the communication has been opened and whether you have clicked on any links in the communication. This is because we want to make sure that our communications are useful for you. The English Country Life Partnership website uses industry-standard SSL to provide secure credit card transactions. SSL is a communications protocol for transmitting private information over the internet. It works by encrypting data that is transmitted over the SSL connection. When you place an order, your credit/debit card information is encrypted and then sent over the internet using an SSL connection. No one can read or access the data that is being transmitted. English Country Life Partnership takes the risk of internet fraud very seriously. With the volume of fraudulent credit card transactions increasing, English Country Life Partnership makes every effort to ensure all orders are thoroughly checked using the information already supplied. There is a possibility we may contact you to make additional security checks and we ask for your co-operation to enable us to complete them. Fraudulent transactions will not be tolerated by English Country Life Partnership and such transactions will be reported to the relevant authorities.
4 Information We Process on Behalf of Others
As a data processor, we process certain information on your behalf and to the extent necessary to provide you with certain services. This section describes the activities for which English Country Life serves as a data processor. Some of our products are shipped from a third party e.g., from the manufacturer. To provide you with these products, we process and store content (and related information) that is required to facilitate the order and administrate appropriate customer service. This information will be passed to the third party as described in section 5.
5 How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We may use and process the information you have provided for the purposes outlined below as well as for any purposes specified at the time of collection: We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us including passing information relevant to third parties to enable an order to be fulfilled/processed;
- Establish and manage your English Country Life account and profile
- Personalize your experience with our products and services
- Allow you to stream, save and share content through our services
- Identify and authenticate you so you may access certain content or use certain of our services
- Increase and maintain the safety and security of our products and services and prevent misuse
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and provide customer support;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- Perform analytics (including market and consumer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymisation of personal information);
- Operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our business (including operating, administering, analysing and improving our products and services; developing new products and services; managing and evaluating the effectiveness of our communications; performing accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation and collection activities and other internal functions);
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- To fulfil a contract by providing the relevant online service or information which you have requested, such as fulfilling your order;
- To deal with your enquiries;
- To pursue our business interests to collect statistics, responses to any surveys and questionnaires, traffic patterns and related website information, including data analytics;
- If you consent, we may use your information to contact you via email, SMS or social media channels about our new developments, services and any other information we think may be of interest to you.
- To put your email and preference data in a marketing database that is used to send you email marketing should you give us permission to do so. You may unsubscribe at any time by simply clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the email;
- We may pass on your details where, acting in good faith, we believe disclosure is necessary to assist in the investigation or reporting of suspected illegal or other wrongful activity. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To protect and defend our rights or property.
- To deal with any misuse of any online services.
- In order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements with third parties
6 INFORMATION SHARING
7 DATA TRANSFERS
8 ONLINE TRACKING AND INTERNET-BASED ADVERTISING